Monday, May 31, 2010

Yellow Yam, Kingston, Jamaica

I shot this when I was in Jamaica in 2009. A friend of a friend asked me to shoot some stills of these athletes for a magazine that is published in Jamaica. At first I asked myself why shoot athletes, that's not my interest, people are my interest. But I thought about it and I said to myself they are people too and at the same time I let myself be open the the experience. I opened to the idea of Chance. And thus this is the product of what I captured, portraits of these athletes right after they ran their race.
Thanks for the link Kaysian



















Here is a link to a video that gives you an intimate look at a few of these athletes.

http://www.creativecontrol.tv/www/#/odds-&-ends/yellow-yams/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

brilliant displays of physical excellence.
great work.

-chiedza*

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.